9.09.2011

my own tomato soup (with red pepper and garlic)

ingredients (for 2):
a little butter
1 big clove of garlic (minced)
2-3 tomatoes (the plump kind...) - diced
1/2 red pepper -diced
1/4 cup- 1/2 cup milk (optional)
salt to taste

directions:
i made this up...

add a sliver of butter to stock pot/soup pot on medium-high heat. add garlic. wait until garlic is fragrant and add tomatoes and pepper. stir and let cook for 5-7 minutes until everything is cooked and a lot of liquid has formed. stir in milk if desired.
transfer soup to blender and puree ingredients. put soup back into the soup pot on the stove for a few more minutes to heat up again.
add salt to taste.

always pairs well with grilled cheese sandwiches...

8 comments:

Mary said...

This is a really nice soup. I am new to your blog, so I've taken some extra time to browse through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great weekend. Blessings...Mary

Ashley said...

mmm this looks delicious! what a perfect soup for the winter or even in the fall!!

natasha said...

Love your blog, the recipes u share look awesome!

Nicole Marie said...

oh with a grilled cheese yum!

Gaby said...

i've never actually tried to make tomato soup, but i think you've convinced me!

Fleur De Moi said...

Perfect recipe for the Fall! Thanks!

Peggy said...

Mmmm, plump tomatoes. Seriously, this looks really good.

Liv Lundelius said...

Mhmmmm! Saved the recipe and will def try it.