- 7 whole graham crackers, coarsely broken
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 1/3 cups bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips (about 8 ounces)
- 2/3 cup plus 1 3/4 cups chilled whipping cream, divided
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 6 ounces (1 cup) peanut butter chips--- (I used Reese's peanut butter cups)
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter (do not use old-fashioned style or freshly ground)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 9-inch-diameter glass pie dish with nonstick spray. Blend graham crackers, melted butter, and 2 tablespoons sugar in processor until moist clumps form. Press crumb mixture over bottom and up sides of prepared pie dish. Bake crust until lightly browned, about 13-15 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine chocolate chips, 2/3 cup cream, corn syrup, and 1 teaspoon vanilla in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium heat until chocolate softens, about 3 minutes. Whisk until melted and smooth. Spread chocolate mixture over bottom of crust. Freeze 10-15 minutes.
Microwave peanut butter chips (or Reese's peanut butter cups) and 3/4 cup cream in large microwave-safe bowl on medium heat at 15-second intervals just until chips soften, stirring often. Whisk in peanut butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Cool to barely lukewarm. Beat remaining 1 cup cream and 2 tablespoons sugar in medium bowl until very thick but not yet holding peaks; fold into peanut butter mixture in 3 additions. Spoon mousse over chocolate layer. Chill in the freezer at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.*courtesy of the food librarian and epicurious